Online Lien Sale Disclaimer
Any and all bids are subject to the terms and conditions of this Online Lien Sale Disclaimer ("Disclaimer"). By submitting a bid, the party making such bid (a "Buyer") shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the terms, covenant and conditions set forth in this Disclaimer. Buyer understands that all goods contemplated by this Disclaimer are sold, received, and accepted from The Lock Up Self Storage ("The Lock Up") by Buyer are in their “as is” condition, subject to all faults and Buyer specially disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation, any warranties of title, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Buyer hereby releases and indemnifies, defends, and holds harmless The Lock Up and its affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, agents, property managers, successors and assigns from and against any and all liability in conjunction with the acquisition, transportation, ownership and/or disposition of goods purchased. The Lock Up reserves the right to cancel any sale if the bids are unreasonable or if Buyer fails to comply with the terms and conditions of this Online Lien Sale Disclaimer. The reasonableness of such bids will be judged in The Lock Up’s sole discretion.
Without limiting the foregoing, Buyer agrees:
1. That all sales are final;
2. That all payments due and owing to The Lock Up shall be made in cash;
3. That Buyer shall remove the entire contents of any storage unit contemplated by this Disclaimer (each a “Unit”) within 48 hours of payment (unless The Lock Up agrees in writing signed by an authorized representative of The Lock Up to alternative arrangements). If Buyer fails to remove the entire contents of the Unit within 48 hours then The Lock Up may consider the items to be abandoned by Buyer. Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is bidding on all items within the Unit and that all items must be removed and the Unit must be cleaned within 48 hours. In the event that Buyer does not remove all items or leaves the Unit in an unclean condition in the sole discretion of The Lock Up, then The Lock Up may charge the Buyer an amount equal to The Lock Up’s costs in removing such items and/or cleaning the Unit;
4. That Buyer shall not, under any circumstances, use The Lock Up dumpsters for the disposal of any of Buyer’s personal items, including but not limited to unwanted merchandise;
5. That Buyer must immediately return all papers, documents and/or photos that are contain private, personal or sensitive information, including without limitation, wills, trusts and other legal documents, tax returns, bank statements, financial statements, investment documents, identification cards, passports, social security cards, personal letters, diaries, e-mails and correspondences, yearbooks, or any other sensitive documentation of any kind (collectively, "Private or Sensitive Materials") to The Lock Up immediately upon Buyer’s discovery of such documentation;
6. That Buyer’s failure to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this Disclaimer will result in the Buyer’s inability to participate in future lien sales at every The Lock Up location at all times in the future;
7. That Buyer and all of Buyer’s affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, agents, and assigns (“Buyer’s Associates”) shall indemnify and hold harmless The Lock Up and its affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, agents, property managers, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, and causes of action (i) from any damages or injuries arising from the access or use of the premises or the facility by Buyer or Buyer’s Associates or from the use or disclosure of any Private or Sensitive Materials.
All sale and disposition procedures contemplated by this Disclaimer are conducted in accordance with the self storage laws of the state the storage unit is in. The Lock Up agrees not to disclose the identity of Buyer unless compelled to do so by a subpoena or other legal requirement. The Lock Up’s employees and the family members of Buyer’s employees are not permitted to participate in any sale as this creates an unnecessary conflict of interest.