This online auction posted by Bates Corporation (the “Operator”), constitutes a public sale of the entire contents of the listed storage unit in accordance with the Indiana Self Service Storage Facility Lien Act, which is being conducted to foreclose Operator’s lien on said contents for non-payment of rent. By placing a bid, Bidder agrees to the following terms:
1. DESCRIPTIONS. The Unit Contents description and Auction Categories listed herein are approximations based on Operator's observations and are intended solely for reference purposes only. Bidder shall not rely upon said content descriptions, and shall use his/her own independent observations and judgment when bidding.
2. BIDDING. Bidder is bidding on the entire contents of the storage unit. Operator reserves the right to place a minimum bid, refuse any bid in its sole discretion, or to withdraw contents from sale, in whole or in part.
3. CONDITION OF CONTENTS. All purchased contents are sold “as-is, where-is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, nor with representation as to their suitability or fitness for any purpose whatsoever.
4. LOCKS. Following payment, Bidder assumes all risk of loss to the contents of the storage unit. It is Bidder’s responsibility to secure the unit until all contents have been removed. Operator is not responsible for items taken from the unit after the sale.
5. PAYMENT. Contact Operator at 574-342-2955 to schedule payment and pickup. Payment must be made in full, CASH, Certified Check, Money Order or Credit Card (3% convenience fee applies on credit card), within 72 hours of the close of online auction, during regular business hours. All Sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be made. Bidder will be afforded no access to purchased contents until paid in full, including posting of the Clean-Out Deposit.
6. DEPOSIT. Bidder agrees to post a $100.00 CASH ONLY refundable Clean-Out Deposit, as a condition to buying storage unit contents. The deposit shall be paid, in addition to, and at the time of payment for purchased contents. Deposits will NOT be applied against the purchase price on any sale, but will be refunded upon a demonstration that the entire contents of the subject storage unit(s) have been removed, and left broom clean. Bidder shall NOT dispose of or leave behind any items from the storage unit(s) within the storage facility.
7. REMOVAL DEADLINE. All contents of purchased storage units must be removed by Bidder within 72 hours after the close of online auction. If additional time is needed to remove contents, Bidder may rent the unit by executing a separate lease agreement. At its sole discretion, Operator may treat contents left after the Removal Deadline as abandoned by Bidder; in which event no refund of purchase price or deposit will be issued.
8. TENANT’S RIGHT OF REDEMPTION. All sales are subject to the right of the tenant of the unit to redeem the property prior to Bidder’s payment.
9. INDEMNITY. Bidder, individually and on behalf of all those persons who may enter Operator’s property with or on behalf of Bidder, agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Operator (including cost of attorney’s fees) against all claims and demands, including but not limited to those for personal injury or property damage, arising out of Bidder’s use or access to storage units and the property. Bidder acknowledges that Operator does not represent or warrant the safety or security of the storage units or the property.