Extra Space Storage
Location: Chicago, IL
Approx. Size: 5 x 5
Cleaning Deposit: $100
Cleanout Time: 24 Hrs
Sales Tax: 10.25%
Payment Options: Cash
Unit Appears to Contain:
Auction ended on Jan 14, 2020
at 3:30 PM
Bids on this unit: 1
Visitors to this page: 146
NOTICE TO BUYERS
This is to inform the buyers prior to the sale that all bidders must register with StorageTreasures and by doing so acknowledge these rules of the auction:
1. Extra Space Storage reserves the right to cancel any sale if the bids are, in the discretion of Extra Space Storage, unreasonable.
2. Buyer acknowledges that he or she is bidding on all items within the unit and all items must be removed and the unit must be cleaned. In the event that Buyer does not remove all items or does not leave the unit clean, Extra Space Storage may charge the Buyer its costs in removing such items and/or cleaning the unit.
3. When the Buyer has been awarded the unit he/she must pay cash upon conclusion of the auction for the unit in the amount of the bid plus any percent surcharge to the auctioneer and unless a valid reseller certificate is provided, tax must also be paid on the amount of the bid. The surcharge percentage will be announced prior to the start of any auction. Extra Space shall furnish the Buyer with a cash receipt upon payment of the unit contents.
4. The Buyer must provide a $100 security deposit and must remove all goods within a 48 hour period or the goods will become the property of Extra Space Storage, unless, the Buyer signs a lease agreement for said unit, and pays the current month's rent in full. Failure to remove all goods or sign a lease will result in Buyer forfeiting the security deposit and incurring a disposal fee. Buyer is responsible for securing the unit holding such property for the 48-hour period.
5. It is the Buyer's responsibility to immediately return all personal property, papers, photos, legal documents, tax returns, bank statements, yearbooks, etc. to Extra Space Storage for return to tenant in the future.
6. The Buyer acknowledges that in certain circumstances Extra Space Storage may contact the Buyer and request that certain items be purchased back in order to prevent any court action with said tenant, the Buyer also agrees to sell to Extra Space Storage such items for (a) the cost at which Buyer purchased such items plus (b) any reasonable actual costs incurred by Buyer in connection with such items.
7. This agreement pertains to this and all future sales this Buyer attends at any Extra Space Storage facility.
8. Extra Space reserves the right to refuse entrance to any Buyer at future auctions due to failure to follow these rules or any other unacceptable behavior at the auction.
9. Bidders acknowledge that bid rigging and / or collusion is a felony and a violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act. All suspected instances will be reported to the U.S. Justice Department.
10. All bidders agree to hold harmless and indemnify Extra Space Storage, auctioneer, and auction company of any and all claims.
11. Bidders must be at least 18 years old.
12. Photography and video recordings are not permitted on Extra Space Storage property without the written consent of Extra Space Management, Inc.
13. Employees and family members of employees are not permitted to participate in any Extra Space Storage auctions as this creates an unnecessary conflict of interest.
- $10 Bid Increments
- Bids placed within the last 3 minutes will extend the auction so 3 minutes are added to the remaining time (refresh your screen often to see the most updated bid amount)
- If you have a basic plan on StorageTreasures your buyer's premium is 15%. If you are a Pro Member your buyer's premium is only 10%. Upgrade for only $10 and Save!
- In addition to the buyer premium, a 10% deposit of the sale price will be charged to the card on file.
- The defaulted tenant has the legal right to cure the account thus canceling the auction up until the cash payment is received from the winning bidder unless otherwise stated in the state's lien laws or by the storage facility.
- The cleaning deposit may vary by storage facility. Please check information for each auction.
- The storage facility is responsible for collecting the cleaning deposit
- Clean out time may vary by storage facility. Please check information for each auction
- Sales tax may be collected at the facility unless verification of exemption is provided
- All auction unit(s) are subject to cancellation by the storage facility
- If the winning bidder has not submitted payment within 24 hours of the auction close time, the unit can be offered to alternate bidders.
- Bidders are liable for their winning bids and associated premiums, taxes, and fees regardless of whether they claim the property in the auction unit(s)
- By registering and bidding on StorageTreasures.com, an auction buyer agrees not to dispute any credit card charges processed through this site.
- Violation of any terms may prevent you from using the StorageTreasures services